- Business Directory
- Real Estate
- Economic Development
- Chamber News
Per Capita: $36,831
Per Household: $46,380
- Median age: 39.1
48% male population
52% female population
- Greene County - 16,151
- Greensboro - 3,359
- Union Point - 1,617
- Siloam - 282
- White Plains - 284
- Woodville - 321
- 8,688 houses (including 1,358) mobile homes
- 2.59 persons per household
- 23.6% rental housing
- $386 median rental amount permonth
- $124,300 median household value
- $150,000 new median construction
- The county’s ad valorem tax digest grew from 601.78 million dollars in 2001 to
1.382 billion dollars in 2013.
- The mill has dropped from the 1995 rate at 22.44 mills (county, school and state) to 20.853 in 2013. The effective rate ( tax/$1,000) in the county is $8.34.
- The city of Greensboro levy’s 7.33 mills and Union Point 10.0 mills. The county adds 2 cents to the state’s 4 cents in sales tax.
- The County and the cities of Greensboro and Union Point provide 100% ad valorem tax concessions for inventory common to manufacturing and warehousing operations ( Freeport).
- The Greene County School System, K-12 has an enrolment of 2,200, with
Elementary Schools in Union Point and Greensboro. The Middle School and High School are located in Greensboro. The class of 10/11 graduated 77, with an average SAT of 1222. School system average is 15.1 students per teacher and approximately $11.400 per student per year. The Charter School, Lake Oconee Academy, serves Pre-K4>7 and is adding a grade each year. There is a pre-K-12 private school; Nathanael Greene Academy, in Siloam with 130 students. There is also a 2K>2nd satelite campus for Gatewood Academy near Lake Oconee. Athens Technical College has a satellite campus in Greensboro, offering GED, College credit, technical and customized programs for all ages. University of Georgia is 33 miles north, in Athens, (34,700 Students) <> Georgia College & State University is 40 miles south, in Milledgeville, (6,750 Students).
Unemployment as of 8/13- 8.4 %
Service - 36.8%
Manufacturing - 10.2%
Accommodation & Food - 16.2%
Construction - 10.1%
Agriculture - 5.1%
Government - 21.0%
69% of the work force lives in Greene County and 31% live outside the county and commute.
Saint Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital-100
Board of Commissioners - 150
(Source: 2013 Georgia County Guide [Data = 2011] & GA Dept. of Labor site)
For more information on the demographics and other important data on Greene County, please visit the
Georgia County Guide (Georgia Statistics System) at www.countyguide.uga.edu or the Center for Agribusiness
and Economic Development at www.caed.uga.edu or by calling 706.542.0760.